Katherine Heigl with daughter Naleigh
It’s the national month of adoption. In order to celebrate this, we decided to name the stars who have decided to give lonely children a second chance by adopting them.
- Katherine Heigl – The actress and husband Josh Kelley adopted daughter Naleigh from South Korea in 2009.
- Sandra Bullock - The Oscar winner adopted son Louis Bardo, born in January, from New Orleans earlier this year.
- Madonna – The Material Girl adopted David Banda in 2006 and Mercy James in 2009, both from Malawi.
- Angelina Jolie – The actress adopted Maddox (born in 2001), Pax (born in 2003) and Zahara (born in 2005).
- Hugh Jackman – The actor and his wife Deborra-Lee Furness decided to adopt two children: Oscar Maximillian (born in 2000) and Ava Eliot (born in 2005).
- Sheryl Crow - The singer adopted son Wyatt in 2007 and Levi James, in 2010.
- Tom Cruise – The actor adopted Bella and Connor with ex-wife Nicole Kidman.
- Meg Ryan – She adopted daughter Daisy True from China in 2006.
- Kirstie Alley – The actress and ex-husband Parker Stevenson adopted son William True in 1992 and Lillie Price in 1994.
- Calista Flockhart – The ‘Brothers & Sisters’ star adopted a son, Liam, in 2001 before meeting husband Harrison Ford.
- Lionel Richie – The singer adopted famous daughter Nicole in 1990.
- Michelle Pfeiffer – Before meeting husband David E. Kelly, the actress adopted daughter Claudia Rose in 1993.